‘Pizza’ – the word itself is so tempting then how could one resist eating it?! I have always thought of baking a pizza including the base at home. All thanks to this wonderful lady Divya who took a nice session on baking which included pizza making as well and now it’s my turn to prepare pizza.
For Pizza Base –
- Yeast 2 tsps
- Water 1 1/3 cups
- All purpose flour 1 1/2 cups + 1/2 cups
- Wheat flour 1 1/2 cups
- Powdered sugar 2 tbsps
- Salt 1 tsp
- Oil 5 tbsps
For the topping –
- Pizza Sauce 3 tbsps
- Mozzarella cheese as needed
- Baby corn 5
- Red Bell pepper 1
- Yellow Bell pepper 1
- Onion 1
- Heat water in a vessel on the stove top till it is mild hot.
- To a tall glass add 1 tbsp sugar and yeast.
- To this put the Luke warm water and give it a quick stir
- Let the Yeast raise for 10 minutes
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl
- Add milk, oil, yeast mixture to this
- Using a strong spatula mix the batter consistently, yet hold and steady till all the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated and a sticky dough is formed
- To a clean table/ kitchen counter, sprinkle some flour and drop the sticky dough
- Knead the dough for 12 mins [press the dough -> push -> pull it together using your palm] to develop gluten
- Finish of the dough with a sprinkle of flour to lift up the dough and put it back to the bowl for raising
- After it doubles in size, punch down the air
- Divide the dough and roll into a 1/2 inch round base.
- To make double burst make the round a little bigger
- On the circumference of the base, arrange the cheese gratings and cover the cheese by rolling around the circumference.
- Brush the pizza sauce, sprinkle with cheese and top the veggies
- Bake in a preheated oven at 230 C for 30 mins or until the top is golden brown and crusty
Yumm Yummm Yummmm 😉