I love Sanjeev Kapoor’s cookery shows. This is one of those recipes learnt from his show. The moment I saw this being baked by him, I was attracted towards trying it by myself. Here I present, crispy chewy cocoa cookies with a dash of cinnamon. Believe me these are scrumptious little devils 😛
- All purpose flour 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder 1 cup
- Cinnamon powder 1 tbsp
- Cold butter 4 tbsps
- Cashews and walnuts crushed 3/4 cup
- Salt pinch
- Orange juice OR crush for binding the dough
- Take APF and cold butter and crumble it together(the texture should become like bread crumbs)
- Now, sieve cocoa powder, cinnamon powder together to this mixture
- Add salt, powdered sugar and nuts to this mixture and give a quick mix.
- To bind the dough together, use either fresh orange juice or market bought crush and bind the dough together with a spatula
- Preheat the oven at 160 degrees Grease and line the baking tray with parchment paper Arrange the cookies on the tray(trick here is, the dough can’t be shaped using cutters or palm.
- You will have to use 2 spoons to just drop the dough to the tray.
- Take the reqd dough in one spoon and drop it to the tray with the help of another spoon.) Bake it at 160 C for 20-25 mins. Remove it when its still moist else it will become dry.