I happen to see many recipes of a baked rusk which seemed very simple with very less ingredients. So without further waiting I gave it a try and it turned out to be a super success 🙂 Here you go with the recipe for my yummy baked rusks 🙂 They turned out crispy and all eligible to be dunked into a cup of hot coffee and eaten 😉
- Whole wheat flour 3/4
- Cup Milk 1/2 cup
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Curd 1 tbsp
- Oil 1/4 cup
- Powdered Sugar 2 tbsps
- Melted butter for brushing 3 tbsps
- Sieve the whole wheat flour, salt and baking powder together 3 times.
- Mix the milk and curd and keep aside for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar and oil to the above mixture and beat the mixture well.
- Add the sieved flour and fold in gently until no lumps remain.
- Pour in the above mixture into a greased and lined loaf tin.
- Tap the tin gently on the kitchen counter to remove trapped air bubbles.
- Bake in the pre heated oven at 180 degrees for 30 -35 minutes or until the tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the tin and transfer onto a wire rack.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- After that, refrigerate the ‘cake’ for 20 minutes
- Cut the refrigerated cake using a sharp knife into even slices(ensure it is not too thick)
- Place the cut slices on a greased and lined cookie tray
- Brush the top with melted butter
- Keep it for baking at 180 C for 15 to 20 mins ( or until the sides, top and edges turn brown)
- Remove it flip the sides and keep it again for baking for about 15 mins Crispy rusks are ready to be dunked into a hot cup of coffeeeeeee 😉
P.S. I even tried baking rusk using yeast bread which equally turned out yum. I will very soon share the recipe for it 🙂