I love tomatoes which is why I keep using it in different forms. Here I present a nice tangy chatni prepared using tomatoes. Believe me, this tastes really good with dosas.
- Tomatoes 3
- Ginger 1 inch
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Onion 1
- Dried red chillies 3
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Sugar 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves 10
- chana dal 2 tbsps
- Mustard seeds 1 tbsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Wash and roughly chop the tomatoes and keep aside
- Now, take oil in a pan add mustard seeds, chana dal and dried red chillies to it.
- Fry it until the mustard starts to splutter.
- To the above, add curry leaves, tomatoes, onion, garlic and ginger.
- Let it cook for about 10 mins with the lid on
- Once it is cooked, let it cool.
- Grind the cooled mixture in a mixer grinder by adding turmeric, sugar and salt to taste
- Let the consistency be thick
- Tangy chatni ready to be served with dosas 🙂