What do you do with the whole lot of butter milk left out after churning the curd? Drink it? But how much? It is not possible to drink that entire quantity in one go right? So, here you go with an easy recipe to use it up 🙂 It’s one of the favorite breakfast recipes at my place and I hope it will be one of your favorites too 😉
- Dosa Rice 3 cups
- Methi seeds 1 tsp
- Thin rice flakes handful
- Curd or butter milk to soak and grind
- Salt to taste
- Wash the rice thoroughly n drain the water.
- Put methi seeds n pour in the curd/buttermilk so that the rice just soaks in.
- Let the mixture soak for 2-3 hrs.
- Now grind the rice soaked in curd/buttermilk(along with the soaked butter milk) and while grinding add the soaked drained thin rice flakes and grind it to form a smooth batter(adding rice flakes makes dosas extra soft)
- Tada your batter is ready.
- Now let it ferment overnight
- Next morning, add salt to taste and a little butter milk only if you find the batter too thick and mix well
- Heat a tawa.
- Take a laddle full of batter and just pour into the tawa
- Cover it with a lid and let it cook( you can see nice pores coming on top of dosa)
- Now, flip the dosa and let the other side cook
- Yummy hot Mosaru dosa is ready to be served with chutney 🙂
Never add water to the rice either while soaking or while grinding
Ensure the batter doesn’t become too thin It is adviceable to grind the mixture towards end of the day since it is prepared using curd/buttermilk which ferments faster