I was always looking for one simple recipe that can be whipped up to a lovely egg-less sponge cake. I was trying out various methods to actually attain at that point. This recipe of mine has made me super happy and is made up of all the ingredients that are available at home. Isn’t that amazing? Fellas, do try and let me know how did your sponge turn out to be!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup Curd
- 3/4 cup Powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 11/4 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- 2 tbsps tutti fruity
- Sieve the flours together 5 times.
- Blend the curd, sugar, oil, coffee powder and essence together until well combined using an electric blender or a regular balloon whisk.
- Add the baking powder and baking soda to the above and mix. Set aside for 3-5 minutes until you see tiny bubbles coming up.
- Start folding in the dry flour mix to the wet mix in parts ensuring no lumps remain.
- Add 1 tbsp tutti fruity to the above and give a quick mix
- Pour in the batter into the greased and lined baking dish and sprinkle the remaining tutty fruity on top
- Tap the tins gently on the kitchen counter to level the batter and remove any large air bubbles.
- Bake in the pre heated oven at 180 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. The cake starts to leave the edges of the tins once it is done.
- Invert over a wire rack after 5 minutes.
- Slice the cake once it completely cools down
Gently fold in the dry ingredients to the wet, do not over mix else it will not become spongy
You can add chocochips to the above recipe as well
Keep a check on your bake as oven temperatures vary from oven to oven