Jackfruit season is here and how could one not prepare this famous appa(appam) out of it. In South India, we prepare yummy delicacies using raw as well as ripe jackfruits. This is one of them. So, folks, enjoy the recipe, try preparing it yourself and do let me know on the taste 🙂
- Ripe Jackfruit 3 Cups
- Grated coconut Half
- Powdered jaggery(as the required sweetness after tasting the fruit’s sweetness) 4 tbsps
- Salt A pinch
- Sesame seeds 2 tsps
- Rice flour 2 Cups
- Oil To fry
- Take ripe jackfruit in a mixer grinder and grind it to a thin paste
- Now, grind grated coconut, jaggery together into fine paste
- Mix the jackfruit paste with the mixture of grated coconut along with jaggery
- Add a pinch salt and sesame seeds to the above mixture
- Now, add rice flour to the above and give it a nice mix.
- Ensure the batter consistency is of a pakoda batter.
- Either increase or decrease the rice flour quantity as per the consistency.
- Let it rest for about 5 minutes
- Take a fry pan, add enough oil to deep fry these beauties
- Once, the oil has attained enough heat to deep fry, start putting the appam into the oil just like you do for any pakoda
- Let it fry on medium heat until it gets golden brown color
- Tada, yummy, sweet, jackfruit appam is ready to eat 🙂