I love the simple texture cakes which has a nice flavor of fruit and is light as a bread which can be had anytime with a cup of hot tea. To be more precise, something that should taste like the market bought slice cakes which my daughter relishes to eat. So, here I present a simple but delicious pineapple sponge cake with an addition of chocochips 🙂
- Healthy flour(mixture of wheat, ragi, barley, soya, corn, bajra, jowar, methi) 1 cup
- All purpose flour 1 cup
- Chochips 1/2 cup
- Curd 1 cup
- Milk 1 cup
- Oil 1/3 cup
- Sugar 3/4 cup
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Baking Soda 1/2 tsp
- Pineapple essence 1 tsp
- Sieve the mixture of healthy flour, all purpose flour, 1/4 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp baking powder together, atleast 6 to 8 times. Set aside.
- Beat the sugar and curd together until the sugar dissolves and becomes a slight fluffy.
- Add milk and beat again.
- Add 1/4 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp baking powder to the above and mix. Set aside without disturbing for 5 mins.
- It starts to bubble up and gets frothy.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees
- Add the sieved flour into the wet frothy mix and gently use cut and fold method to bring the mixture to a batter.
- Add the chocochips and oil and give a quick nice mix
- Pour into a greased baking dish and bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool before you remove it from the tin.
- I made these mini cuppies out of the remaining batter 🙂
No one can eat just one… ting ting 😉
Notes: You can prepare this cake without adding chocochips which will turn out delicious spongy pineapple cake
You can use any flavour of your choice to this basic recipe