‘Ragi’ is the staple food of Karnataka which is rich in amino acid. As the saying goes, the person who eats ragi is the stronger. We in karnataka eat it in various forms like, porridge for baby’s first meal, ragi lump(ragi mudde in kannada) eaten mostly by farmers or those who live in villages and ragi dosas. I always wanted to include it in a different way and which can be easily consumed by my lil one. Having said that, I present here the healthy version of my cookie which is made up of Ragi flour (not entirely).
Maida flour – 1/2 cup
Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
Ragi flour – 1/4 cup
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
Powdered sugar – 3/4 cup
Milk Powder – 25 g
Unsalted butter – 3 tsps
Oil – 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Dry mix Maida flour, wheat flour and ragi flour.
- To this add baking powder, baking soda, milk powder, powdered sugar and mix well.
- Now add butter and vanilla essence to the mixture prepared in step 2 and crumble it nicely.
- Add oil and prepare a smooth dough.
- Now, prepare round balls of the dough and press it to get a cookie shape( you can also use your favourite cookie cutter and get the desired shapes).
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and bake the cookies at 180 degrees for 25 mins or until the edges and bottom turns brown.
I bet you can’t stop by eating just one 🙂