After tasting dark fantasy cookie which has chocolate filling inside, I always wanted to give it a try myself. But, was unsure of how to begin with! Then came my savior Akila Subramanian who happened to share a very lovely recipe of the same. I have modified it here and there to suit my taste bud. Lets begin the spree of baking…
Whole wheat flour – 1 1/2 cups
Powdered Sugar – 1 cup
Unsalted butter – 100 gm
Cocoa Powder – 3 tbsps
Salted butter – 2 tbsps
Condensed Milk (I used Amul mitai mate) – 3 tbsps
Chocolate syrup – 2 tbsps
Dark chocolate melted – 2 tbsps
Oil (I used sunflower oil) – 1/2 cup
- First of all, mix Cocoa powder, salted butter, condensed milk, chocolate syrup and melted dark chocolate together to form a dough like and refrigerate it for 10 mins.
- After 10 mins, remove the cocoa dough mixture from the fridge and prepare small round balls out of it(as per your desire so that it can be properly sandwiched inside the cookie) and again put it in the refrigeration.
- Now, comes the work of cookie dough.
- Combine the powdered sugar along with butter by beating it in such a way that it becomes light and fluffy.
- Put the whole wheat flour and oil to this mixture and mix together to form soft dough.
- If the mixture doesn’t come together then add couple of tea spoons milk and bring it together.
- Prepare small balls of the cookie dough. Press it against your palm to flatten it. Put the cocoa ball in between two flat cookie dough and press like we do for stuffed parathas
- Once done with step 6 for entire dough, place them in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 mins.
- Meantime, preheat your oven with 180 C and place the cookies directly from fridge and bake it for 17 minutes or until the corners and bottom of the cookies turn slight brown.
- Let it cool to relish these mouth watering cookies 🙂
- P.s. My husband and daughter loved these beauties 🙂 🙂