As it was a long weekend, I was looking for some nice yet light sweet stuffs to enjoy through. I was looking for various recipes and yeah, yet again Akila’s super famous recipe of tutti fruity cake it is!! Believe me, these are so addictive. It got over in no time. I definitely made tweaks considering my oven and my knowledge over baking.
Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Warm milk – 1 cup+1 tbsps
Curd – 1/2 cup
Oil – 1/2 Cup
Powdered sugar – 3/4 cup
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Pineapple essence – 1/2 tsp
Tutti fruity – 4 tbsps
- Sieve the flours, baking powder and salt together 5 times.
- Blend the milk, sugar, curd, oil and essence together until well combined using an electric blender or a regular balloon whisk.
- Add the baking soda to the above and mix. Set aside for 3-5 minutes until you see tiny bubbles coming up.
- This is nothing but baking soda reacting in the liquid mix
- Start folding in the dry flour mix to the wet mix in parts ensuring no lumps remain.
- Add 2 tbsps of the tutti fruity and mix once or twice.
- Spoon in the batter into the greased and lined baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining tutti fruity over the batter.
- Tap the tin gently on the kitchen counter to level the batter and remove any large air bubbles.
- Bake in the pre heated oven at 170 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- The cake will have a lovely golden brown top and starts to leave the edges of the tins once it is done. Invert over a wire rack after 5 minutes.
- Slice them into your desired pieces once the cake has completely cooled using a sharp knife preferably.
Notes – You can make this using 100% whole wheat flour as well
Recipe adapted from morphyandme.com